We're Hiring - Join the Team!
Job Description - Sales Representative
Responsible for developing new business opportunities for new and established customers that fit and complement company objectives.
The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.
- Utilize knowledge to develop additional or new opportunities for the organization in 3PL, Managed Services, Warehousing and Distribution
- Qualify inquiries/bids against target market, core competency, revenue potential, company capabilities, and projected business forecast
- Responsible for overall customer and/ agents’ relationship, both during initiation, implementation and upon transition to operation
- Responsible to manage the process of new business acquisition ‘from contact to contract”
- Ensure appropriate involvement of the relevant functions (operations, IT, implementation, finance, commercial) in this development process and act as the “deal owner” through the process
- Manage RFP process to include solution design concepts, deadlines, supply added information, presentation, process/status tracking
- Create written strategic action plans for customer management and/ operational agents
- Responsible for directing contractual negotiations and assisting/participating in the negotiations as necessary
- Responsible for achieving the annual growth target for incremental business: sales (revenue), margin and profit growth
- Ensure budgets, schedules, and performance requirements are met
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required specific to supply chain logistics or global transportation
- Prefer 3-6 years of related management experience. This is primarily a sales position requiring sufficient logistics/transportation background to secure new business
- Must be able to pass any federal/state/local government, airport, or company-required background checks, clearances, and/or drug and alcohol tests
Knowledge and Skills
The following minimum requirements are normal guidelines and should not constrain the advancement of otherwise qualified personnel.
- This is a senior management position
- Exceptional interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills required
Interested? Apply now via the webform.